- Denon AVR-S540BT
- 5 Best Amplifiers for Home Theatre
- Types of Amplifiers for Home Theatre
- Best Amplifiers for Home Theatre
- Yamaha RX-V385 5.1-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Bluetooth
- Key Features
- Onkyo TX-SR494 AV Receiver with 4K Ultra HD (Wireless – BT)
- Key Features
- Denon AVR-X8500H Flagship Receiver, 13.2 Channel Amplifier Review
- Key Features
- Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver Review, 5.2 channel Bluetooth Amplifier
- Key Features
- Pioneer VSX-LX303 Review, 9.2-Channel AV Receiver with 4K Ultra HD
- Key Features
- Conclusion: Best Amplifiers for Home Theatre
You’ve got a home theatre, right? The problem, however, is that it isn’t capable of delivering powered sound, but don’t panic – we’ve got your back!
Owning a home theatre may sound a child’s play to you, however, there are other complications that just make people give up – like speakers are dead (or not perfectly balanced), remote doesn’t work, no bass at all, or worst-case scenario – no loud sound – a bane of your existence.
We all love going to theaters every once in a while, and those who are the true fans of Hi-Fi sound production just fall head over in heels in love with the sound quality that is experienced in a theater because of the Dolby surround sound system installed therein.
We believe that we kind of aware of why you brought home your one-of-a-kind home theater. Conceivably, you wanted to dive into the possibilities of Stereo + 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound to have immersive music experience.
If that’s true, there’s no doubt that you’re a music lover. In fact, we also own two Amplifiers a.k.a. AV Receivers for Home Theaters (two of them).
5 Best Amplifiers for Home Theatre
Indisputably, high-end home theater amplifiers are best known to be producing Hi-Fi audio to impress the possessor in unpredictable ways. They are capable of coordinating different types of media in ways you can’t imagine but very much likely to be impressed.
The best thing about owning an Amplifier for Home Theatre for watching your favorite movie at home is that you don’t have to invest in the 3d glasses or pay for the cozy seats – all you’ve got to do is make use of the room-darkening curtains, turn on the display, and let your most treasured movie play on the display.
To get out-of-this-world movie experience, you’ve got to make sure that you’ve installed a surround-sound home theatre (or just a home theatre) so you could have an immersive movie experience while your favorite actor or actress knocks the villain out in the movie.
On the flip side, if you happen to be in the absence of Best Amplifiers for Home Theatre, odds are you’re going to have to struggle through the low-pitched sound which will destroy your overall movie experience.
That’s why to make sure you miss no ingredient in the end-to-end movie experience, we’ve rounded up the 5 Best Amplifiers for Home Theatre in 2020 for your ultimate motion picture system.
To make it even easier for you, we’ve broken down every tiny aspect in terms of “Pros” and “Cons” so you don’t miss out on anything important here.
Types of Amplifiers for Home Theatre
Before you make up your mind towards the final purchase with regard to Amplifiers for Home Theatre, there’re certain things that you need to keep in mind during making a well-versed choice.
Yes, we are talking about the channels that your Home Theatre Amplifier is designed to accommodate – 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, or 9.2. While this is taken into account for an in-depth review, there’s an important factor that plays a major role i.e. Dolby Atmos.
Therefore, speaking of 5.1 or other aforesaid channels, the 1st digit refers to the speaker layout while the 2nd one is about the subwoofer. If there’s a 3rd digit (like 5.1.2), it would be taken for granted as the number of the vertical or “Height” channels used in your Hi-Fi audio system.
5.1 Channel Home Theatre Amp: If you’ve placed your home theatre in a small or mid-sized room, a 5.1 channel amplifier could be a good fit for your music system. This type of Amp is having the capability of the rocking center, front, left, and right speakers like a pro.
If you’re looking for an Amp that supports most of the audio formats, look no further – a 5.1 Channel Amp is the ultimate choice for you because, as a result, 6.1 and 7.1 are believed to offer minimized formatting functionality.
6.1 Home Theatre Channel Amp: The 5.1 and 6.1 are similar in functionality, however, there lies a major difference – it adds an extra speaker – a rear speaker that can be located at the backside in the room or seating where a person is sitting.
So, if you believe that you’d be adding 6 speakers along with a single subwoofer, this is a good choice for you to consider for your music system.
7.1 Home Theatre Channel Amp: Coming to this next-level system, it offers even more space for your home theatre. This way, you can effortlessly take advantage of the extra speakers to get a next-level surround sound experience.
Put differently, to make a 5.1 a 7.1 channel system, what’s added is a pair of additional rear speakers to the standard speaker configuration of 5.1. The main motive to experience the lossless surround sound which is possible if you’re having a 7.1 system, especially if you’re watching via Blu-ray disc.
Best Amplifiers for Home Theatre
Now, you must be familiar with the major differences between above-mentioned channels.
So, should you opt for the 7.1 since it offers the unmatched sound experience?
Well, 5.1 doesn’t mean it will offer degraded or distorted sound (as compared to 6.1 or 7.1), what it means that it will allow you to attach 5 speakers and 1 subwoofer which is most of us want.
However, paying heed to the no. of channels support in a Home Theatre Amplifier is not everything, other aspects also play a significant role, such as sound quality, connectivity (wired or wireless), 4K support, Input/output ports, Dolby/DTS, among other considerations.
Luckily, we’ve shed light on everything that you need to pay attention at the time of picking out the Best Amplifier for Home Theatre so you don’t end up buying an impractical Amp.
So, without any delay, let’s get started.
Yamaha RX-V385 5.1-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with Bluetooth
It’s no wonder that Yamaha is one of the largest manufacturers that make musical instruments. From violins to pianos, it’s most renowned for producing top-notch products all around the world.
Speaking of high-end products, this Yamaha RX-V385 is one of them because it is a 5.1-channel AV receiver that is capable of producing high-quality sound (audio) without any cord – i.e. it’s a truly wireless (uses BT technology).
As we discussed above, the channel is not everything, that’s why you also need to make sure that your home theatre amplifier is bringing high-quality video capabilities to life. It seems like Yamaha has heard your call because this Amp features a 4K Ultra HD support which will give you a never-had-experience while binge-watching your most cherished web series or movie.
What’s even spurring is that this Amp boasts Bluetooth (BT) connectivity. So, no more cluttered and tangled wires all-around your amplifier, allowing you to connect the devices wirelessly. Although it requires 2 AAA batteries, there’s nothing to be worried about because the batteries come with the package.
Not only does it feature HDMI with HDCP 2.2 but also HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, and even 4K Ultra HD support which, putting together, offer you an amazing at-home watching experience. No more missing out on the explosions and over-the-top gunfire in the movie you’re watching, courtesy of 5.1 channel system.
It’s also packed with other amazing features, namely Cinema DSP, YPAO which will make your day.
Still not surprised? It’s time you checked full features and make an informed decision.
- Proudly made by Yamaha
- 1-channel Home Theatre Amp
- Supports HDMI with HDCP 2.2
- Offers top-notch sound quality (YPAO)
- 4K Ultra-HD Support, BT.2020, HLG, Dolby Vision, HDR10
- Features rich bass production
- Makes your virtual cinema possible
- Value for money – offers bang for your bucks
- Only weighs 16.30 lbs for ease in portability
- Output (in Watt): 100.00
- Highly suitable for Beginners
- Perfect-fit for rooms with varying size
- Reasonably priced in comparison with other Amps
- Setup is super easy – a child’s play
- Supports most of the devices or connectivity
- Truly wireless – offers connectivity for wireless devices
- Brings “Cinema DSP” and “YPAO” feature to life for HD audio quality
- Only a 5.1-channel Amp
Onkyo TX-SR494 AV Receiver with 4K Ultra HD (Wireless – BT)
Gone are the days when getting an immersive experience on your Blu-ray used to be rocket science. With innovative technologies in this modern world, even impossible seems truly possible.
That being said, Onkyo TX-SR494 allows you to feel the freedom of the wireless 5.2.2-channel system. Experience fully smooth and easy Bluetooth streaming which your amplifier will automatically connect to once it is in range (yes, you will need to pair it for the very first time).
Apart from offering superior sound quality, it houses Dolby Atmos and DTS:X which takes your audio experience to the next level, especially if you’re looking forward to sensing the 3d audio playback. On top of it, it’s ready for the 4K HDR (also at 60p). It supports almost all formats of the video like HLG, Dolby Vision, HDR10, and BT.2020. So, it is an all-in-one amplifier that is will do more than good for your home theatre and bring happiness to your face.
If more immersive listening experience is what you’re after, Onkyo has got your back, offering you the one-of-a-kind “Height Virtualizer” powered by Dolby Atmos. With that in mind, you don’t have to purchase high-end height speakers to get the most out of surround sound, the traditional speaker layout will do the work for you.
Over and above, in spite of exceptional features, this Amplifier for Home Theatre is reasonably priced which means you won’t have to break the bank to bring this piece home. Still, it’s won the heart of thousands of people because of the excellent sound quality and amplification.
Do you want to personalize your audio experience?
We’re glad that this home theatre amp houses built-in AccuEQ which helps you clarify sound like never before. Not just that, it even includes AccuReflex and equalizer for the subwoofer so you could get more flexibility.
- Made by Onkyo
- Houses functionality for 4K HDR/60p and other HDR formats
- 2.2-Channel Home Theatre Amplifier
- Smooth and relaxed Bluetooth streaming
- Features Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for 3d surround sound along with Height Virtualizer
- Only weighs 21.3 pounds
- Allows you to experience Hi-quality audio
- Supports 160-watt per channel
- Fully wireless – freedom for seamless enjoyment
- Features uninterrupted playback via Dolby Atmos & DTS:X
- A 5.2.2-channel Amp – perfect for mid-sized rooms
- Allows you to customize your audio experience via AccuEQ, AccuReflex, and other EQs
- Perfect-fit for the surround-sound lovers
- Only a 5.2.2-channel Home Theatre Amp
Learn more about Onkyo TX-SR494 AV Receiver by taking a look at the detailed features underneath:
Denon AVR-X8500H Flagship Receiver, 13.2 Channel Amplifier Review
In quest of an Amplifier for Home Theatre that houses a 13.2-channel receiver and unsurpassed capabilities to offer you a cinema-like experience? You ask, Denon provides – AVR-X8500H – 13.2-channel Amplifier for the large rooms with extraordinary sound quality to rock any high-end or budget home theatre.
Unquestionably, it’s the best Amplifier for Home Theatre hands down as far as others on this list of top 5 Amps are considered.
This one is a top-of-the-line Amp designed with the professional audiophiles in mind because it is equipped with the powerful features that will allow you to enjoy never-ending movie experience. If you own this Amp, you will be feeling like the happiest person on earth because of the A-one quality.
Enjoy smooth and crystal-clear sound with the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 which is known to be the utmost forward-thinking EQ calibration. If you are sick of having muffled dialogues or sudden blasts, the good news is that you don’t have to suffer from that. Not anymore, thanks to the soothing sound clarity.
This one-of-a-kind Amp supports most of the streaming services like Spotify, Pandora, or TuneIn with an intention to offer you unmatched music experience. Most importantly, it supports Amazon’s Alexa so you could easily get Alexa to do the exact same thing that is on your mind right now, among other fascinating AVR functions.
The output signal that this Amp produces is 150 watts which is very much similar to the ones reviewed above. Due to the incomparable features (qualities), the weight of this one is more (51.60 lbs), however, you won’t be having any issue with that weight if you move this piece from one place to another.
In addition to 13.1 channels, it also incorporates overhead and height channels. So, next time some you adore visits you, don’t just make them fall in love with the music, but also show them that you’ve achieved mastery with the sound amplification.
Wish you could own an amplifier that allows you to stream millions of songs at CD quality or even higher?
Guess what! It even houses the “Amazon Music HD” feature that lets you do the same – i.e. stream millions of your most favorite songs in next to no time. Whether you’re having a 7.1.6 or 9.1.4 surround sound speaker system, this Amplifier for Home Theatre is going to manipulate it all like a Pro.
- Proudly made by Denon
- 2-channel Home Theatre Amplifier
- Houses Dolby Atmos, Auro-3D, DTS:X for Surround Sound
- Get superb picture quality on your 4K HD TV (all video formats)
- Comes with the award-winning setup assistant
- Delivers smooth, crystal-clear sound
- Supports Amazon Music HD for music streaming
- Designed for the audiophiles or Pro Artists
- Designed with music enthusiasts in mind
- Unique 13.2-channel amplifier for extended versatility
- Works like a charm with home automation systems
- Allows streaming of music via most renowned music sites
- The perfect-fit choice for high-end speakers or larger rooms
You won’t regret investing in this one, but don’t just take our word for it – get acquainted with full features:
Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver Review, 5.2 channel Bluetooth Amplifier
Is there any way to purchase a Denon BT Amplifier for the home theatre that offers the bang for the bucks?
This AVR-S540BT is exactly that will fulfill your needs in the first place because it’s been manufactured by Denon and is reasonably priced. For mid-sized and normal houses where you’ve installed around 5 speakers along with 2 subwoofers, this home theatre amplifier – i.e. AV receiver is the ultimate choice for your music streaming.
Select your sources, or choose your preferred sound mode – Jazz, Rock, Classic, Dance or tune your Preset CH (- or +). Also, there are quick-select buttons for CBL/SAT, DVD/Blu-ray, Bluetooth, or Game, the choice if yours. Just like other amplifiers, there’s also a remote with this amp so you could control it from a distance, such as adjusting volume, changing the sound mode, or regular mode. You can even plug your USB drive into it to play the tracks you have curated.
Whether you wish to add a single subwoofer or a pair of subwoofers to your music system, it is up to you. Put differently, either use it as a 5.2 or 5.1 channel, it won’t be a problem at all.
Get ultimate room-filling surround sound by connecting your smart TV with this next-level Home Theatre Amplifier. Not just that, you don’t have to struggle through the lossy sound because this Amplifier is capable of delivering multi-channel audio that surrounds you like never before – a beyond-imagination surround experience.
Don’t know how to set up your music system based on your room size? No worries, before you get started, this Amp calibrates audio settings with dynamic precision.
In addition, the truly wireless connectivity gives you the freedom to stream your most favorite music on world-class streaming websites like Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, SoundCloud, Napster, iTunes, and more.
- 1/5.2-channel Home Theatre Amplifier
- Truly wireless Amp (BT-enabled)
- Features room calibration for calibrating audio settings
- Incorporates Exceptional Resolution – 4K Ultra HD
- Brings astonishing colors to life in movies
- Get your eyes on the unseen colors with “Dolby Vision”
- All-in-one support: use for Gaming, connect TV, stream music or do more
- Output: 140 watts
- Comes with a Remote
- Also supports USB drive for digital content
- Proudly made by Denon
- Listed as Bestseller in “Best Amplifiers for Home Theatres”
- 1/5.2-channel receiver for a perfect match to your room
- Supports 4K Ultra HD to the full for exceptional resolution
- Can be used as “5.2”, “5.1”, “3.1”, or “2.1” channel receiver
- True surround sound – makes you feel like you’re in the movie
- Features Dolby TrueHD for a next-level cinematic sound design
- Helps you get rid of lossy sound with DTS HD Master Audio
- Houses Dolby Vision so you don’t miss out on astonishing colors
- Incorporates all-in-one capability – offers 5 HDMI inputs
- Didn’t find any
Pioneer VSX-LX303 Review, 9.2-Channel AV Receiver with 4K Ultra HD
Unarguably, Pioneer is a prominent brand known for the high-end music systems and the company has been in the field since 1938 which means it has been more than 80 years since the company came in. With this huge stage of development, Pioneer has prominence in the market which increases the probability that you will get an excellent product in case you decide to make your mind up for the purchase.
A top-of-the-line home theatre amplifier may not be everyone’s choice because not everybody is looking forward to buying expensive stuff. And that’s where the need for budget amplifier lies.
So, isn’t it possible to have one of the best amplifiers for home theatres that brings unrivaled and state-of-the-art features to the table and you don’t even have to break the bank?
Yes, we are referring to this “Pioneer VSX-LX303 Review” that sheds light on the ins and outs of this budget and modern home theatre amplifier. This one does the amplification like no other amp – it boasts a 9.2-channel system that gives you never-had-before surround sound experience.
Since it boasts a 9.2-channel system, you could use 5.2.4 and 7.2.2 layouts with the help of this amplifier like a charm – no problem at all. In other words, connecting two subwoofers with this single amp is a child’s play without any muffle or degrading in the sound quality whatsoever.
Apart from supporting 4K Ultra HD, it even catches the eye of the admirers because it also houses Dolby Vision which helps you see more of visual content with astonishing and vivid colors, not to mention other contemporary features like BT.2020, HLG, HDR10, and the scaling of 1080p to 4K.
- Proudly designed by Pioneer
- Model Name: VSX-LX303
- 2-Channel Home Theatre Amp
- Supports 5.2.4 and 7.2.2-Ch surround layouts
- Excellent Sound Quality with no cutouts in soundscapes
- Incorporates scaling of 1080p to 4K, BT.2020, HLG, HDR10, HDCP 2.2, and 4K Ultra HD
- Unmatched wireless multi-room audio functionality
- Houses brilliant features like FlareConnect, Play-Fi, Phase Control, Wave Control, Subwoofer EQ, and others
- Stay in tune with the room calibration feature that automatically tunes the sound as per your room
- Reasonably priced – you won’t have to break the bank to get it
- Considering the prices, you’re getting bank for the bucks
- Being a 9.2-channel amp, it offers more flexibility
- You can also use different channel surround layouts like 5.2.4, 5.2, 5.2.2., and 7.2.2
- Multipurpose Amp – uses state-of-the-art technologies, 4K Ultra HD, for example
- Remote-controlled – comes with a Remote that offers ease of access with one-touch access
- Utmost picture quality for viewing HD videos on display (screen)
- Houses “Chromecast” and “Google Assistant” so you can use it with Google devices, such as Google Home
- Nothing worth mentioning
Still not openmouthed? Let’s take a glimpse at the features:
Conclusion: Best Amplifiers for Home Theatre
It’s highly unlikely for a music enthusiast to miss out on a top-rated home theatre. Although top-of-the-line home theatres deliver unmatched sound with loudness, NOT every home theatre is capable of doing that and that’s where the need of a one-of-a-kind Amplifier is felt or needed.
That’s exactly what led to this article – “5 Best Amplifiers for Home Theatre” that you could own in 2020. While these are only 5, we strongly believe that every single Amp of them will make your day and, if you make up your mind for the editor’s pick, you won’t regret the decision for the rest of your life.
But don’t just take our word for it – read the reviews of the verified customers and then take a firm decision in the end.
Get One Before It's Too Late
The best time to get your hands on these Best Amplifiers for Home Theatres is NOW because, one minute, they're here; the next, they are gone - out of stock, or worst-case scenario, discontinued by the company.